There are some really beautiful hill stations in India, and if you want to visit the most beautiful one, then you should definitely plan a trip to Shimla. Thinking about paying a visit to Shimla this vacation? Then here are some details that you should know about the place, before you start planning!
Where is Shimla located?
Shimla is located in Himachal Pradesh and surrounded by other hill stations like Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu. It is located pretty near to Uttarakhand, which is another state that is known for its many hill stations. Being the capital city of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is very well connected to the nearby metropolitans like Delhi and the hill stations that surround it. You can always take a taxi Delhi to Shimla since it is one of the easiest ways to travel.
When is the best time to visit?
Shimla is perfect if you want to escape from the sweltering heat of the plains. Since the temperature remains cold to chilly throughout the year, Shimla summers are what most tourists crave for.
How do I reach Shimla?
You can take a train from any major city of the country and then travel to Kalka. From Kalka, you can either hire a car or enjoy a lovely toy train ride all the way to the hill station. This toy train ride is very famous since it offers a lovely view of the surroundings and the serpentine roads that pass through many tunnels along the way. If you will be travelling from Delhi, then you can avail the Delhi to Shimla cab booking services and get your very own personal car to enjoy a long drive up to this lovely hill station.
What are the places to visit in Shimla?
Shimla itself is a very beautiful place, and if you take a walk around the main area, also known as The Mall, you will get a lovely view of the surrounding snow covered mountain peaks. To add on to the beauty of this place and enrich your trip to this hill station, here are some of the areas that you should check out when here:
- Annandale: If it is a combination of beauty and sports for you, then Annandale is the perfect place. Known for its mini golf course and the lovely view that it offers, it is one of the most famous spots to visit when in Shimla.
- Scandal Point: Do you want to enjoy a lovely sunrise and sunset? Well, then, the high-level platform, known as the Scandal Point, is the place that you should visit.
- Jakhoo Hill: Are you up for some mild trekking? Then try out Jakhoo Hill and the temple located here, which is about 8000ft above.
- Chadwick Falls: Interested in seeing one of the most beautiful waterfalls with your own eyes? Well then do head out to the Chadwick falls once.
- Kufri: If you are in Shimla during the winter months then do head out to this snowy place to enjoy ice skating and skiing!
Doesn’t Shimla sound fun? So, what are you waiting for? Book a cab from Delhi and head out to Shimla this holiday!