The largest city of Punjab, Ludhiana has a rich cultural as well as historical past. This city was named after the famous Lodhi dynasty. After the Lodhis, it was the Mughals who took care of the city. There are many interesting places of Ludhiana which deserve to be explored. This city is also famous for the important role it had played during the freedom struggle of India.
How to travel to Ludhiana from Delhi?
Ludhiana is a perfect weekend destination from Delhi. This city is well connected by air, bus and trains. But to make the most of your journey, you should always check out the Delhi to Ludhiana car rental services that are available online. You will be traveling via NH44. Ludhiana is located at a distance of 307 km from Delhi. So, it will take approximately 5 hours by road for you to reach Ludhiana from Delhi. Check out numerous food joints and various interesting places that will fall on your way to Ludhiana. One you reach this beautiful city, here are some of the places you must pay your visit to. Keep reading.
- Lodhi Fort: This fort was once the residence of the Muslim monarch SikandarLodhi. However, this fort now is in ruins as much negligence from the part of the government has led to this consequence. But in order to witness the historical past of this city, you must not miss this place.
- Gurudwara Charan Kamal:Check out this majestic gurudwara which has a rich history as the background to it. The white stoned building is considered as an important Sikh pilgrimage of Punjab. This building is an example of the Sikh architectural brilliance. Do visit this place and if possible, don’t miss this pace during the festivals that are observed here.
- Tiger Zoo: This beautiful zoo is located at the BT Road and is an interesting place for the animal lovers. Check out the tigers while you go for jungle safaris. Also, the lush greenery of this place makes it an ideal place for the nature lovers. Don’t miss this place by any means.
- Rara Sahib Gurudwara: This place is considered as a holy place for the Sikhism and devotees from all across the country come to visit this place. This place is located a bit far from the centre of the city, but you can always go there if you have access to rented or personal cars.
- Deer Park, Neelon: Deer park is a perfect place for family outings and picnic purpose. Also, if you want to explore the wildlife around Ludhiana, this is the perfect place for you. The positive vibe of this place along with the beautiful deer that can be seen here makes it an ideal place of entertainment for kids and families alike. Do visit this place.
So, get ready for your trip to Ludhiana. Check out the Delhi to Ludhiana cab services online and make the most out of your Ludhiana trip. All the very best to this magical city!