Whether on a tight budget or not, who doesn’t love to spend a few bucks less than what was estimated, during travelling?
There are actually a lot of ways in which you can cut down your expenses while travelling. You can stick to moderate accommodations and avoid hitting restaurants frequently on your tour. You can also cut back a little on the shopping and stop spending on unnecessary stuff. Whenever we go on a long trip or have to travel outstation, Hiring a Car is not exactly a cheap option, but there are certain ways through which you can save a couple of bucks while travelling in a car!
- The process of saving money begins right from the time from when you book your car. You need to go for a car service, which provides you with a standard rate. Do not go for ones that are extremely cheap since then the service will be compromised. Do not go for the ones, which have a comparatively higher price since it does not guarantee better services. This way at least you can ensure that you get services that are worth the money.
- When booking your car, especially online, check out numerous websites and compare their rates. Do not check out just one site or service provider and opt for them. There are quite a few apps, which will help you to compare car rental services rates. You can check them out too.
- Get a break up from your service provider of the entire cost of the trip. This way you will know what you are paying for. More often than not, you will find that some services have been included in your list that you have not asked for. You can immediately ask them to be removed, and their costs deducted from the total bill. This way you will be able to save some money, which you did not intend to spend!
- It is always best to book your car directly. If you go through people, then always remember that your total cost will be inclusive of commission. This commission actually adds quite a hefty amount to the original, and hence, by avoiding the middlemen, you can actually save some good amount of money.
- When you book your car, book it early. If you make the booking online, you will find that there are quite a few deals, which will help you to save if you book early. So keep a check on that and go for deals which work best for you.
- If you are travelling from one place to another in a car, say for a 14-day trip, then find out whether it will cost you less if you hire a car for the entire journey or if you keep changing cars from place to place. Generally hiring one car will take you less, but find that out and go for the cheaper option.
Try out these awesome money-saving hacks! They will work, guaranteed!